Zoll AED Plus ® + Pro ®
Zoll AED Plus ® + Pro ® Automated External Defibrillator (21000010102011010, 90110200499991010)The Zoll AED Plus ® Automated External Defibrillator includes:
- AED Plus defibrillator,
- CPR-D-padz adult electrode,
- one sleeve of 10 lithium-manganese dioxide batteries,
- soft carry case.
The AED Plus® is the first and only Full-Rescue AED that helps with both defibrillation and CPR. ZOLL’s Real CPR Help® technology provides real-time feedback on both depth and rate of chest compressions during CPR. This ensures that the rescuer is providing the best manual CPR possible during sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), giving the victim a better chance of survival. The AED Plus® also guides rescuers through the complete Chain of Survival helping all SCA victims, not just those who need a shock.
ZOLL believes AEDs should not just deliver a shock. They should also help the rescuer provide high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation. That’s why you need ZOLL AEDs, the AED Plus® with Real CPR Help.
- Not pushing hard enough? It will tell you when to push harder.
- Pushing hard enough? It will say, “Good compressions.”
- Not pushing fast enough? A metronome will lead you to the right rate.
- It will even show you the depth of each compression. In real time.
- Not yet started? The AED Plus will tell you again to get started.
- Compressions stopped? It will tell you to continue.
The ZOLL AED Plus is an automated external defibrillator (AED) that uses voice prompts and visual indicators to guide the rescuer through a resuscitation sequence that may include defibrillation and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The unit incorporates the ZOLL Rectilinear Biphasic Defibrillation waveform, and operates in either adult or pediatric mode.
The Zoll AED Plus can:
• Perform periodic self tests to ensure its continual readiness.
• Use a one-piece electrode assembly that facilitates proper electrode placement and that is easy to
apply to the patient.
• Analyze heart rhythm and inform the rescuer if the rhythm is shockable or non-shockable.
• Deliver defibrillation treatment to victims of cardiac arrest who exhibit shockable ECG rhythms.
• Provide voice prompts and graphics to guide the rescuer regarding what to do and when to do it
during a cardiac emergency, such as calling for help or giving CPR to the patient.
• Provide audible beeps to encourage rescuers to provide CPR compressions at 100 CPM (requires
• Monitor the depth of chest compressions during CPR and provide voice prompts, if compression
depth is inadequate (requires CPR-D padz).
• Provide a unit cover that functions as a Passive Airway Support System (PASS). (Note the PASS
feature is standard with some versions of the product and optional with others.)
• Upload data from the defibrillator to a PC to store events or print event reports.
• Use commercially available batteries.
Intended Users of the Device
The ZOLL AED Plus external defibrillator is intended to be used by personnel who are qualified by training in the use of the ZOLL AED Plus device, basic life support, advanced life support, or other physician-authorized emergency medical response to defibrillate victims of cardiac arrest. The CPR monitoring function provides a metronome designed to encourage rescuers to perform chest compressions at the AHA/ERC recommended rate of 100 compressions per minute. Voice and visual prompts encourage a compression depth of 1½ – 2 inches for adult patients. The CPR monitoring function is not intended for use on patients under 8 years of age.
- backlit LCD screen,
- ECG display,
- soft carry case,
- rugged over-molded outer housing,
- multi-patient internal memory,
- IrDA port, operators guide,
- five year factory warranty.
Designed with advanced capabilities, the ZOLL AED Pro supports Basic Life Support as well as Advanced Life Support professionals. This advanced AED features a high-resolution LCD display that allows responders to visualize a patient’s ECG while utilizing a 3-lead monitoring cable.
Unique to ZOLL AEDs is a real-time feedback mechanism, known as Real CPR Help®, which allows rescuers to see and hear how well they are performing CPR. Real CPR Help, includes a metronome set at the AHA recommended 100 bpm and a screen display which helps rescuers achieve optimum rate and depth of compression levels through audible and/or visual prompts.
For the professional rescuer, the AED Pro offers the ability to view a patient’s underlying ECG rhythm with See Thru CPR®. When the AED Pro is in manual mode and chest compressions are being performed, See-Thru CPR is activated. See-Thru CPR reduces interruptions by allowing clinicians to see organized electrical activity while compressions are being performed by filtering out compression artifact (“noise”). This enables rescuers to see a patient’s underlying cardiac rhythm during resuscitation efforts, which reduces the duration of pauses in CPR.
Zoll AED Pro features:
- Superior AED design and rubber over-molds are built to withstand harsh environments.
- Real CPR Help for rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR using ZOLL’s unique one-piece CPR-D-padz®.
- See-Thru CPR allows a rescuer to view a patient’s underlying ECG rhythm while performing CPR.
- Exceptionally resistant to dust and water jets (IP55 Rating)
- Only AED in the industry to withstand a 1.5-meter drop test, making it suitable to withstand the rough treatment typically found in an emergency medical environment.
- Available as semi-automatic only or semi-automatic with manual override for ALS professionals.
- Built-in internal memory and external USB memory technology allows expanded data storage capacity, and maximum flexibility for data management and transfer.
- Electrodes and battery compatibility with ZOLL M Series®, E Series® and R Series® professional defibrillators.
- ECG monitoring with 3-lead cable and high-quality display.
- Unrivaled battery options (long-life disposable or rechargeable) that meet your specific needs.
- Easy unit configuration through ZOLL’s administration software.
- Intelligent pediatric capability.
- 2010 Guidelines-ready.
The AED Pro unit is intended to defibrillate victims of ventricular fibrillation or pulseless ventricular tachycardia, for ECG monitoring, and for CPR monitoring of patients. The CPR monitoring function provides a metronome designed to encourage rescuers to perform chest compressions at the AHA/ERC recommended rate of 100 compressions per minute. Voice and visual prompts encourage a compression depth of at least 2 inches (5 cm) for adult patients.
In semiautomatic mode, the AED Pro unit is intended to be used by rescuers and emergency care personnel who have completed training and certification requirements applicable to the use of a defibrillator where the operator controls delivery of shocks to the patient.
In manual mode, the AED Pro unit is intended to be used only by qualified medical personnel trained in Advanced Life Support skills.
In ECG monitoring mode, the AED Pro unit is intended to be used by personnel who are qualified by training in the use of the AED Pro device, basic life and/or advanced life support, or other physician-authorized emergency medical training.