Covidien DL 3 Lead Disposable Cable and Lead Wire System
Disposable Cable and Lead Wire System
New Disposable Lead Wires
This single use ECG Electrodes Cables/Wires system was designed to address the following needs:
- Patient Safety
- Patient Comfort
- Electrical Performance
- Ease of Use
In response to the growing concern of cross-contamination from medical equipment and as a leader in the manufacturing of disposable ECG supplies, Covidien developed the Kendall™ DL disposable cable and lead wire system.
|Each year in the United States, patients get approximately 1.7 million infections in the hospital while they are being treated for something else. These Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) result in nearly 100,000 patient deaths per year. 1
Research conducted at the University of Wisconsin Hospital & CliniCASE OF Madison, identified that 77% of ECG leads were contaminated with one or more antibiotic-resistant nosocomial pathogens. It was concluded that “the attachment of contaminated lead wires to a new patient can result in colonization and ultimately in invasive infection by multiresistant nosocomial microorganisms.” 2
1 Yokoe, DS et al (2008). “A Compendium of Strategies to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections in Acute Care Hospitals.” Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. October 2008; Vol. 29, Supplement 1; S12-521.
2 “Antibiotic-Resistant Pathogens Found on 77% of ECG Lead Wires”, Jancin, B., Cardiology News, March 2004.
Kendall DL disposable 3 lead monitoring set features:
- Single patient use (Disposable) from patient to monitor – Reduces risk of cross-contamination from reusable cables and leads, improving patient care and cost control.
- Push-button design for electrode attachment – Lead wires can be attached to any electrode without pressing on the patient, improving patient comfort.
- Easy-to-read labeling – Facilitates easy connection and lead placement.
- Unique product color – PINK – Easy to verify connection points and components.
- Peelable ribbon design – Can be customized to fit any patient size and reduces lead wire tangling = ease of use.
- Provides better electrode attachment – Reduces the risk of lead wire disengagement (“pop off”).
- Fully shielded system – Electromagnetic interference (EMI) risk is reduced, improving patient care and performance.
- 3 lead monitoring; R, L, F (RA, LA, LL)
includes 10 per box
*ADAPTER REQUIRED (sold separately)
Photos are for representational purposes only, please rely on descriptions when ordering. Packaging is subject to change.
Click here for more Covidien/Medtronic Products